Wednesday, October 21, 2009

One

I have always felt that pets have a special way of impacting an individual's life. Growing up I cannot even begin to explain how much I wanted a dog. What do you know, the year I go away to college my parents decide it is finally time to get one. Oh well. Some day I will be able to have one of my own. Regardless of the fact that I have never owned a dog I have had hamsters and fish and hermit crabs and as silly as it sounds I always enjoy simply having them around. I feel that the company of another living being has the ability to lift your spirit and put a smile on your face when you are having a bad day. Pets rely on their owners for all of their basic life necessities and I think that sense of being needed can be pretty powerful in someone's life. Also, pets provide a lot of love and affection and teach people responsibility and can be exactly what people need to help them get their life on track. I believe that the experience of owning a pet can better someones life and teach people a lot about themselves and a lot about life so I plan to research and look into how pets affect the emotional and psychological well being of their owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment