For part of my research I headed to the dog park. (In reality I headed to the dog park to allow my roommates dog to run around but it just so happened to be a perfect place for research.) I had sat next to a lady I had met previously at the park. After she retired she said she did not know what to do with her time so she decided to volunteer at the dog shelter walking the dogs a couple times a week. She said it was a good use of her time and she became so attached to the animals eventually making the walks a daily thing. One day she went to walk a new dog in the shelter, she was warned she had a temper and had previously been abused, but the lady took her chances. She said she was not ever planning on adopting a pet, but the dog chose her. As soon as they went on their walk something changed in the dogs temperament, she was wagging her tailing and following her around everywhere. The lady said she visited her especially everyday she went to the shelter and that after a week of walks she could not help but take her home. I do not think either of them could have been happier. The dog, Sally, was rather aggressive with other dogs, and scared of men in the dog park, but as soon as the lady saw Sally getting rough or scared she would call her and Sally would sprint over and jump on her lap and everything was alright.
Whether she planned on getting a pet or not the lady said she couldn't imagine life without her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment